Free up your time, manage your credit score with
confidence, and enjoy bank-grade security
Save time and energy
Efficient, flexible financial tools save you the hassle of paying rent manually
Free credit score
Track and monitor your credit with no impact to your credit score
Gain peace of mind
Pay rent with multiple secure payment options
How to sign up for Story by J.P. Morgan
- Receive an email invitation from your landlord
- Select Sign Up in your email invitation
- Add a payment method. If you don’t have a bank account, check out Chase Secure BankingSM
- Start paying rent digitally after verification
Tell your landlord about Story. They can get more information here.
Keep tabs on your credit
Monitor your credit and track progress
Get your free credit score with Chase Credit JourneyⓇ
- Check your score any time and it won’t impact your credit. We update your score every week and tell you what’s changed.
- Get notified if your data is breached or exposed on the dark web1.
- No Chase account required.
Banking designed for peace of mind
Chase Secure BankingSM helps you take control of your money
- No minimum deposit to open
- Get paid up to two business days early when you have direct deposit2
- No overdraft fees, spend only what you have3
- Pay bills, cash checks, and send money — all for a $4.95 Monthly Service Fee4
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- What is Story by J.P. Morgan?
Story by J.P. Morgan is a digital platform for property managers and their tenants, providing online invoicing, payment processing, lease tracking, and more. By providing secure tools, resources, and services, Story delivers an easy, convenient, and secure way for you to pay rent digitally.
- Does it cost any money to sign up or pay my rent via Story?
We currently do not charge fees for online payments. We’ll let you know of any changes in advance.
- How do I sign up for Story to pay my rent?
Signing up is easy! Create a Story profile in 4 easy steps:
- Find your email invitation from your landlord. Select Sign Up.
- IMPORTANT: Create your profile using the same email the invitation was sent to
- Add a payment method, such as a bank account, debit card, or credit card. Please note: Bank accounts added manually require verification. Instructions will be provided.
- Review your information. If required, verify your bank account.
- What payment methods are accepted on Story?
The property manager will designate which of the following payment methods are acceptable: bank account, credit card, and debit card. If you wish to pay rent using cash or check, please contact your landlord.
- How do I find support if I encounter any issues?
Our client service representatives can help resolve system access or technical issues related to the use of Story. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Your name
- Email address used to create your Story profile
- The property’s address
- Brief description of your question or issue
For any questions about the rental property, including leases, invoices, and amounts due, please contact your property manager.
- What is Story’s policy related to privacy and data retention and sharing?
- Can tenants use Chase credentials to create a Story tenant profile?
Tenants cannot use their Chase credentials to create a Story tenant profile.
- Can tenants create their profile using a different email address from the invite?
The invitation is linked to the email the tenant provided to the landlord. If a different email needs to be used, then the new email should be provided to the landlord so that a new invite can be sent.
- I received multiple invites from my landlord. Are all the invite links still valid?
Only the most recent invitation from your landlord is valid. Make sure to find the most up-to-date invite to successfully create a Story rent management profile.
- I can't find my Story invitation email; what should I do?
The invitation was sent to the email address that your landlord provided to Story. Find your Story invitation in that email inbox from email@example.com. You may also want to check your spam folder. If you still don’t see it, check with your landlord to understand which email they used to initiate your profile and invitation.