A convenient process for you and your tenants
Automate invoicing, payment reminders, and rent collection online.
Monitor your property portfolio in a simplified dashboard.
Allow tenants to pay rent with multiple secure payment options.
- How much do Story and the property management module cost after the limited-time offer?
The Story platform will continue to be offered at no additional cost to eligible users for a limited time. The property management module is currently offered at no additional cost throughout 2023 following your onboarding and acceptance of the Story Terms and Conditions. While there are currently no ACH, debit card, or credit card transaction fees for the property management module, fees are subject to change. In addition, Chase clients who meet minimum–balance requirements in certain commercial banking accounts will continue to enjoy free use of ACH payments through the property management module after the promotional period ends. We are currently developing the pricing models for the property management module and we want to hear your thoughts. Fill out the form today and join us developing the pricing strategy together.
- How do I know if the property management module is offered in my state?
All Story functionality, including rent management, is now available in all states. Create a Story account now to get a discount on tenant screening and other benefits.
- How long does it take for payments to process in the Story rent management tool?
Transfer times can vary. For ACH payments, funds take about 3-5 business days to settle. For Chase accounts, transfers are typically faster and may be available in 2 business days.
Credit and debit card payments typically settle the next business day, but can take longer depending on the banking institution. For Chase accounts funds can settle the same business day.
- How long will onboarding my property take?
We'll start with an initial conversation to understand your needs and the property. After that, we'll send a questionnaire to verify your account. Lastly, adding a property on average takes anywhere from 45-60 minutes.
- I already use a digital rent collection tool, but I'm interested in switching to the Story rent management tool. Is it possible to do a mass transfer of all my units?
Yes, we have tools available to ease the burden of moving from one software to ours.
- As the property owner, do I have to manage my account, or can I delegate this platform to my property manager?
Many busy landlords decide to appoint a delegate to manage their account. Whether you or the delegate is managing, you will receive a dedicated team to help guide and answer any questions along the way.
- What other types of features are included in Story, besides rent management?
Story also offers the following:
- Market Metrics: Get access to market data to help make informed decisions about your multifamily properties.
- News: Stay informed with the latest industry news and insights for your neighborhood and across the country.
- Learning: Watch videos sharing local market updates, real estate thought leadership, tips for navigating Story, and more.
- Property Calculator: Calculate a property's estimated value using existing or assumed operational data and apply a capitalization rate.
- Economic Data: Information on global rates, equities, commodities futures, and energy indices could impact the real estate community and your portfolio.
- Affordability Calculator: Check if a property qualifies for loan rate discounts through the Chase Affordable Housing Preservation Program.
- If I sign up for the property management module, what type of support will I receive?
We pride ourselves on putting you first. Within 3 business days of signing up for the module, a team member will contact you to better understand your real estate goals and challenges.
If you decide the property management module is a good fit, our dedicated customer success executive will accompany you through the entire journey, along with an additional support team. We’re here to help troubleshoot and reduce wait times, and you'll only be dealing with real people.
Feel free to contact a team member to learn more via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I use the Story property management module in my city/state?
Currently the property management module is available in all 50 U.S. states as well as the District of Columbia. You can create a Story account now to get a discount on tenant screening and other benefits.